Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sour Patch Kids: Who said rainbow candies can’t be manly

My slogan is very different.  I am selling a young fun candy to men.  My slogan is telling men that even though the candies are these little kids that are in a rainbow color it should not matter what you like as long as you like them.  Men should still be able to do what they want to do.  My slogan says that men can still be man and eat these candies. “Creative thinking is the ability to stretch beyond the ordinary, to be original, innovative, and flexible.” Advertising by Design, Robin Landa Pg.32.  Like the book says selling something to someone that usually does not eat the product you’re trying to sell.  I have to put my self in that position to where I would be the one that is enjoying the candy.  "During the first stage, you most likely were taught to ask six essential questions intended to help you flesh out your thinking." Advertise By Design Robin Landa Page 64.  A slogan needs to be something that jumps out at the person you are trying to sell to.  It is something that people talk about and you don’t want them to forget when they hear it.  “Not only does branding identify and distinguish, it builds equity.”  Advertising by Design, Robin Landa pg.49.  Having something that people can remember for a very long time like Nike Just Do It!  That is how someone gets on top, you just have to figure out where they came up with it and how you can come up with your own.  " Finding a relevant insight into how people think, what they need or desire, and how they act termed a consumer insight is paramount for idea generation." Advertise By Design, Robin Landa Page. 68.  This is what I have when I think of my product.  Something that everyone will understand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment