Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week Four EOC: Bob Isherwood

Bob Isherwood was born in Melbourne Australia.  From what I have read he is a very crative style business man.  He dropped out of school at age 13 and, it says he became a mechanic which he always hated.   The first part that I read about him compared him to Steve Jobs the CEO of Apple.  He is the type of guy that wears black shirts and blue jeans because he can.  He is the old creative director at Saatchi and Saatchi from 1996 to November 2008.   Mr. Isherwood, who numbers the creation of the Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors' Showcase and the Award for World Changing Ideas among his achievements, said he does not know exactly what the next chapter will be. "I have an idea for something for President-elect Obama, plus there are lots of opportunities I can see on the client side of our business where creativity can play a key role, particularly in this current economic climate," http://creativity-online.com/news/bob-isherwood-leaves-saatchi/132362.  After reading more and more and reading some of his quotes about who Mr. Isherwood is I can totally tell that he is a very creative and open minded man.  “But people close to Isherwood said that for some time now he has been antsy and niggled by a feeling that he needed to do something new. "For the past 12 years I've been focused on the reinvention of Saatchi & Saatchi," he told Ad Age from his home in Miami. "Now I've reached a point where I feel a need to reinvent myself." http://creativity-online.com/news/bob-isherwood-leaves-saatchi/132362.  This is a perfect example of what I was saying.  Mr. Isherwood is at the tip of his game and he still believes that he has to reinvent himself.  That is because he is one of those people that will keep up with the times and will always be new and not old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment