Tuesday, January 25, 2011

EOC Week Three: Tobacco


The picture that I chose shows a pretty women that is getting ready to smoke her cigarette.  The cigarette that she is going to smoke is a brand called misty.  When you look at the ad it seems that she is out somewhere where it is really misty so she is going to smoke the brand misty.  The setting is that she is outside and it is a really big close up on her face and she is getting ready to smoke.  The people in the groups are young women and mature women that would want to smoke.  When I first saw this ad it tells me that if you are a classy women then this is the brand that you should smoke.  The goals of this ad are very simple.  It is to get women to smoke this misty cigarette because it makes this very pretty women look even better.  The assumptions are the same as who they want to have smoked it.  This ad is directed right to women.  I really can’t see any thing wrong in this ad.  I can see how some people might not find it appealing, but I don’t have a problem with it at all.  I think it was a very well thought up ad.  The outcome to this ad is that they are going to get more women to smoke this type of cigarette because smoking a men’s brand is just not cool.  Or not sexy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment